The 2015 IPO Annual Meeting will be held on September 27-29, 2015, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Chicago.
IPI-ConfEx 2014, 11th Annual International Patent Information Conference & Exposition, March 2 – 5, 2014, Berlin, Germany
The IPI-ConfEx 2014, 11th Annual International Patent Information Conference & Exposition, will take place on March 2-5 2014, in Berlin. The conference is specifically tailored to the interests of patent information professionals. For the past 10 years, industry’s thought leaders have gathered together at the IPI-ConfEx for 3 days of knowledge enrichment and exclusive networking opportunities. It the largest gathering of patent information professionals in Europe.
The programme covers issues affecting the ever-changing patent information industry sector including:
- Visionary perspectives from industry experts
- Current news and other hot topics
- Latest developments concerning commercially available products and services•Free patent databases and other unique resources available worldwide for intellectual property research
- ‘How-to’ technical discussions•Continuing education & training through add-on workshops and seminars
- News from the patent offices
For the first time the Patent Statistics for Decision Makers conference is moving to the southern hemisphere, taking place on November 12 – 13, 2013, in Rio de Janeiro, Barazil. The conference, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), will broaden its scope and expand its focus to include emerging economies and the role of technology transfer. The goal of the 2013 conference is to present the latest empirical evidence based on patent and IP statistics and to discuss these findings with decision-makers from both the private and public sectors. The conference also aims to share cutting-edge knowledge on topics relevant to policy-makers, academics, companies and practitioners, including:
- the development of new technology fields and the role of IP in attracting R&D;
- patent ‘quality’ and the use of patents as indicators of research productivity;
- IP, knowledge markets and technology transfer;
- patenting trends, patent policies and innovation policies;
- IP and societal challenges (e.g. environment, health, aging);
- the financing of innovative enterprises and the role of IP as collateral;
- patenting, IP activities and the strategies of global firms;
- the IP “bundle”: the combined use of different IP rights (e.g. patents and trademarks).
The Patent Information Fair & Conference 2013, the Japan’s largest exhibition on the latest patent information as well as product and technology information relating to intellectual property, will be held on November 6 – 8, 2013, in Science Museum, Kitanomaru Park, Tokyo. The conference is organised by Japan Institute for Promoting Invention and Innovation,
Japan Patent Information Organization, and Fuji Sankei Business i, Sankei Shimbun Co., Ltd.
The London Patent Summit 2013 will take place October 7- 8, 2013, at the London Stock Exchange, London, UK. The London Patent Summit is the two day international conference dedicated to bringing together patent owners and investors for further advancement in technology and manufacturing. The event will address the key challenges and issues facing patent and IP professionals and investors today and will provide meaningful and valuable insights into the market.
The EPO Patent Information Conference 2013, organised in co-operation with the Directorate General for the Fight against Counterfeiting – Italian Patent and Trademark Office, will be held 22-24 October 2013, in Bologna, Italy.
- discussions on the unitary patent from an information perspective, the new federated patent register for Europe, and the importance of understanding database coverage in legal status
- searching best practice presentations on legal status searching
- using legal status data for patent analysis and competitor watch
- a special focus on retrieving data from Italy
- presentations by leading patent searchers from industry on legal status data and its use in decision-making processes
The Global Patent Congress 2013 will be held September 24 – 26, 2013, in Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, Copenhagen, Denmark. The 7th Annual Global Patent Congress is the leading interactive forum for global senior IP leaders. The congress will bring together directors of patents, IP, brand protection and anti-counterfeiting to debate, discuss and take-away the latest global patent information.
The “Patent Statistics for Decision Makers-2011” Conference will be held 16-17 November 2011, Alexandria, Virginia. The Conference is organized by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in cooperation with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), European Patent Office (EPO), Eurostat, Japan Patent Office (JPO), and World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). Statistical analysis of patent data commonly aids decision-makers in assessing the opportunities available to them, and provides key insights into the risks and challenges associated with their decision options.
The conference will explore advances in the analysis of patent information in the context of the changing legal, economic, competitive and technological landscapes. The Conference aims to educate and share best practices by surveying the breadth of thinking – while exploring the frontiers of our knowledge – on issues relevant to using patent information by industry, academic, and government decision makers.
The Conference’s target audience are experts, statisticians, researchers and analysts working in the fields of innovation, patents, and science and technology policy.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com
California Regional Independent Inventors Conference will take place August 12-13, 2011, Pasadena, California. Senior USPTO officials, successful inventors and intellectual property experts will be on hand to provide practical advice and information for novice and seasoned inventors. A pre-conference workshop on August 11 (from 5-7 pm) will cover the basics of the patent process. The workshop session on patent basics will be repeated as a breakout session on August 12 and 13.
The Twelfth annual Sedona Conference on Patent Litigation, Oct 13 – Oct 14, 2011, L’Auberge Del Mar, Del Mar, CA
The Twelfth annual Sedona Conference on Patent Litigation will be held Oct 13 – Oct 14, 2011, L’Auberge Del Mar, Del Mar, CA.
The Sedona Conference on Patent Litigation highlights:
- Supreme Court & Federal Circuit Case Law Update
- Joint/Contributory Infringement
- Inequitable Conduct
- Patent Reform
- Strategic Use of Re-examination and Re-Issue
- Patent Litigation Case Management
- Patent Damages & Remedies
- Settlements, License Agreements & Damages